Friday, January 18, 2013

Pantarei better back in the day








Pantarei, stop #25, was good, but used to be much better. I’ve eaten here a handful of times over the past two years and the first couple of times I dined there I really enjoyed my meal. This has not been the case the last few times. Not sure if they have a new chef or what, but something has definitely changed. It’s now good not great, this was the consensus with my dinner companions as well. Jason & I split the Caesar salad, it was standard. For my main dish I had the soup of the day, a lobster bisque with shrimp. The three shrimp were the best part, the bisque was good, but extremely rich. Goose had the tre paste (3 kinds of pasta): ravioli in cream, penne in pink & gnocchi in red sauces. I’ve had this before and the penne in pink was great, so I was looking forward to having a bite. Unfortunately this has changed too, it wasn’t penne it was bow tie, and it was good, not great. Jason had the osso buco special. He echoed the theme of the night saying that his meal was good not great. I do love the atmosphere here, we were able to watch the Warriors game, and the service is amazing. In the future this will probably just be a place I go to for drinks & appys.


No comments:

Post a Comment