Friday, January 25, 2013

Caffe DeLucchi


Caffe DeLucchi, stop #26, will always hold a special place in my heart . It was the first place I went to brunch after moving to NB. It was a beautiful crisp day in January, and I  dined with my bff. I had the polenta with pulled pork and it was amazing. Quite a different experience two years later- it was a chilly night and I dined with four colleagues. The food was really good, but it wasn’t mind blowing. We started with the burrata special. Creamy burrata on top of a pesto covered crostini with arugula and poached pear. AH-MA-ZING. I could have eaten another order of this myself and been completely satisfied. We also had carpaccio & bruschetta. Both were good, but the bruschetta was essentially just diced tomatoes, not very flavorful. Josh said it was ideal for those who want a pile of chopped tomatoes. Joey and I split the spinaci salad- baby spinach with bacon, candied pecans, tomatoes, and goat cheese in a warm balsamic vinaigrette. As Joey said this was quite lovely. The warm dressing with the cold salad was a great contrast. For the main course John & I both ordered the risotto al pesto. It was tasty, the grilled shrimp were slightly in the spicy side and I liked the subtle flavoring of the pistachio pesto. Josh had the lasagna with eggplant, which was a special of the day. He seemed to enjoy it. Jacob had the ravioli in Bolognese sauce. He thought it was a little bland compared to the starters. Joey had the saltimbocca- veal cutlet with prosciutto & mozzarella in sage & veal reduction. He thought the veal was average, but loved the potatoes, which took him by surprise. To finish we had huckleberry cheesecake. It was very interesting considering I had never had a huckleberry before. It was smooth & not too tart, good bite to end the meal on. The atmosphere & service at DeLucchi are great. I prefer the brunch menu and sitting outside on a sunny day.














http://www.caffedelucchi.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment