Sunday, January 6, 2013

I've got no strings...pulling me back to Pinocchio


I’ve been to stop #20, Trattoria Pinocchio, a few times and I’ve never been blown away by it and this experience was no different, in fact this was probably the last time I’ll go there. They have a brunch menu on Saturday & Sunday. I’ve always wanted to try the crab cakes, but there is a notation next to them that says: “ask about availability” Every time I have asked the answer is no. I’m thinking maybe they should be removed from the menu entirely. So I went with the cheese omelet. It was good, very cheesy and came with veggies & salad, which were also good. Erin had the Sicilian sausage and eggs, she asked to substitute the potatoes for fruit or something, but this was not allowed. She was allowed to have more salad though, so she did that, but they brought her the potatoes anyway. Her meal was just ok. Goose ordered the insalata tricolore: radicchio, arugula, and fennel topped with pesto vinaigrette & goat cheese. She decided to add chicken to the salad, a common decision. The waiter did not mention what the charge would be to do this, and in my experience the average cost would be between $2-4, so that’s what we assumed. You can imagine our shock when the bill came and the added chicken was $7, this is on top of the $13 for the chicken-less salad. That’s right ladies & gentleman a $20 salad. Was it worth the price? Of course not! It was lettuce and chicken. Goose enjoyed it, but it wasn’t anything special. Our guest of honor, adorable little Miss Scarlett aka Gosling had the kids spaghetti. She was kind enough to give me a bite and it was good, a very tangy marinara. So overall the food was decent- nothing bad, but nothing great. Just over priced and not a place any of us are trying to go back to any time soon.



2 out of 5 Ciabatta loaves


No comments:

Post a Comment