Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Cozy Calzone's


Stop #22, Calzone’s is a NB staple. The biggest draw of this place is the ambiance, especially when you sit outside. At night the mosaic tabletops are candlelit and placed beneath heat lamps. This is where Di, Erin & I sat while we consumed. The weather was nice and it was fun getting to chat with a few friends that unexpectedly passed by. Di had the gnocchetti in a tomato cream sauce. After adding red pepper flakes it was a good combination of sweet & spicy. Very fitting for Spicy D! Erin had the combo pizza- sausage, pepperoni, eggplant, onions, bolognese sauce & mozzarella. She really enjoyed it, but felt it was overpriced at $15.95. I had the seasonal tomatoes salad- red onions, avocado, basil, crostini & balsamic vinaigrette. I added chicken to it and unlike the last stop it was not $7 extra, but $3.95, fair enough. My salad was delish, lots of different flavors that complimented each other well, and the superb heirloom tomatoes were firm and juicy.  
I eat at Calzone’s often and I like the food, even though there hasn’t been anything that has completely blown me away. It is very convenient in terms of location and late night dining.










4 out of 5 Ciabatta loaves  

No comments:

Post a Comment