Monday, January 14, 2013

Caffe Puccini



Stop #23 Caffe Puccini was my friend Karen’s first & last CC adventure because she moved to West Virginia. I was happy her farewell dinner could be on my CC journey. Although, Caffe Puccini is more of a breaky/lunch place in my opinion. We both had the minestrone soup, which was really good. Extremely hot & hearty. I ordered a grilled chicken salad and when I asked what came on it, our waiter wasn’t sure, but I went ahead with it anyway. Unfortunately it was full of peppers, which I’m not a fan of, but after picking through those it was decent. Karen had the antipasti caprese. This was enough for two people and came with all kinds of goodies: mozzarella, tomatoes, prosciutto, fried eggplant, artichoke hearts, peppers, and olives. She thought it was filling, yet still light and loved the combo of flavors as she stacked different items together. Our waiter was really attentive and friendly and didn’t even flinch when he took our picture while we were getting photo bombed by three girls walking by outside (see photo above)! We finished the meal with a slice of delightful cheesecake. If you are just looking for dessert, it is good & inexpensive there. Overall, I probably wouldn’t go back here for dinner, maybe just dessert or to grab a salad or tea to go. Thanks for joining me Karen, and good luck, you will be missed!

3 out of 5 Ciabatta loaves
  

No comments:

Post a Comment