Monday, January 7, 2013

Consistent Colosseo






I’ve now reached the area of Columbus that I live near so most of the upcoming places I have eaten at before. This is true for stop #21, Colosseo Ristorante. I really like this place. It has a very open, fun atmosphere. The food is consistently good, the service is decent, and the menu is extensive, a little on the pricey side, but average for NB. My BFF and I had brunch there on one of those gorgeous January days in SF, where the weather is crisp, but the sun is brightly shinning. We decided to sit at one of the outdoor tables under a heat lamp and it was lovely. Plus eating outside on a busy street in this city provides endless people watching entertainment. I had the pesto gnocchi, which was awesome. The pesto sauce wasn’t too heavy and the pasta was the right texture. Laura had the grilled salmon with veggies. She said it was some of the best salmon she has had at a restaurant, and the zucchini was cooked perfectly- just a little heavy on the oil. It was a simple delish meal, complimented by a great catch up sesh, after a morning yoga class. They also have a projector screen near the bar so you can always catch a game there. Colosseo is for sure a go to NB spot for me.

http://www.colosseosf.com/

4 out of 5 Ciabatta loaves


2 comments:

  1. So there we were (Margot & I) Friday night standing on Columbus, starving, with no idea where to go. DUH - Consuming Columbus to the rescue. iPhone out and there I was reading signs I could see as Margot read the reviews. Thanks to your yummy review, we decided on Colosseo and had a WONDERFUL meal and great little night! We owe you a big thanks!!!

    PS - MUST try the beef carpaccio - amaze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy CC could help you and you had a great meal!

    ReplyDelete