Monday, March 11, 2013

Volare- Very, Very Good


Stop #34, Volare is another NB staple for me, so I was excited when it became the largest dinner group so far. The service & food is always great and this time wasn’t any different. For appys we had carpaccio, bruschetta, and because I think it’s the best thing on the menu, the gnocchi agli spinaci, Volare’s own homemade spinach and potato dumplings in a gorgonzola cream sauce. Gnocchi is not typically ordered as an appy, but because of how amazing it is I felt it was necessary to get an order for the table to share. Everyone one agreed it was absolutely delish. The carpaccio was good, but the bruschetta was really dry. As for the main courses, Shawn, KO & Goose all had the saltimbocca. The consensus was that is was really good, just a little on the salty side. I find it funny when peeps think this dish is salty, I mean it tells you that right in the name! Mendy Poo had the pollo piccantina & FZ the pollo marsala, which they both really enjoyed. The two pasta dishes that were consumed were by Carolyn who had the linguine primavera & Kimmee who had the spaghetti Bolognese. Both of them were happy with theirs, and Kimmee said hers had good texture & flavor. Gosling had spaghetti with butter & cheese, her comment was “yummy”. Stealing a bite of it myself, I had to agree with her. Little Lakyn seemed pleased with all the bites she was given as well. I had the scampi sauté- prawns sautéed in white wine, garlic, lemon, parsley and extra virgin olive oil with veggies & smashed potatoes. YUM! Overall there were no complaints, except for KO who hates smashed potatoes. We also had a coupon for $25 off from restaurants.com, which I’ve found are regularly available. So, if you are looking for good service and food, I recommend Volare. Get the spinach gnocchi, but maybe not to share.










5 Ciabatta loaves




















No comments:

Post a Comment