Thursday, February 28, 2013

Respectable Rose Pistola




Stop #31 Rose Pistola (RP) was one of the places I’ve been looking forward to from the beginning, so I was happy when it finally came, and even happier when on the day I had a rezzy to go I received a groupon offer. Perfect timing! As soon as I walked into RP I liked it. The atmosphere is great, they have outdoor seating, a full bar, counter space to eat in front of the chefs, and then some more secluded tables near the back. The service was friendly, helpful, and attentive. For appys we had house marinated mixed olives and grilled seafood-stuffed calamari with potatoes, fava beans & spring onions. Both were good. Unfortunately they were out of the crab pasta, which is what Ryan would of liked to order, instead he went with the rock shrimp, provolone & shaved fennel pizza. He enjoyed it, but it wasn’t as good as he thought it was going to be. FZ ordered the slow-braised American kobe brisket  with stracchino-potato gratin & horseradish cream with a side of spinach. He thought the brisket was a little on the dry side, but I actually thought it was tender and had a nice smoky flavor. Kevin ordered the terrorized dry-aged NY steak with escarole & truffle butter. I’m convinced it was due to the humorous name, because as I got to know Kevin more over the course of this dinner he is an extremely funny guy. Everyone thought Kevin’s steak was really good, great flavor and cooked well. The girls both had the risotto with asparagus, bufala mozzarella & lemon oil. We both agreed it was very tasty. It wasn’t as creamy as I expected it to be, but this wasn’t a bad thing, as sometimes it makes it too heavy or rich. I liked the texture of it and the melted mozzarella made the dish. I could have eaten an entire plate of the mozzarella alone. The risotto was a generous portion size, so I thought I might have leftovers, but it was too good to stop eating. This is one of the more pricey restaurants on Columbus, especially for the main entrées, but if you are looking for a more upscale place in NB with great atmosphere and service it’s a good choice. I will definitely go back for appys and drinks and the occasional dinner, and I would like to do so on a night when they have live music.



No comments:

Post a Comment