Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Tapas Tuesday!








When people think of food on Tuesdays, most people associate it with tacos, I’m advising you to think of tapas. Bask, stop #15 is the spot to be for Tapas Tuesday! So, let me back up for a minute before I give you the scoop. This stop was supposed to be at the Steps of Rome, unfortunately this place recently closed, but when one door closes another one opens, so a few steps away there is a new place on Columbus called Bask. Megs joined me for this excursion. They have HH Monday through Friday from 4-7pm, white or red sangria for $3.50.  I had red and she had white, the white was much better. On Tuesday they offer a special tapas menu in addition to their regular menu. These are very fairly priced at $6 a plate. We ordered the patatas bravas which were the best I’ve ever had- perfectly cooked- crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. They were served with a spicy aioli that Megs said she could eat a vat of! We had to order an extra side of it so we could continue to try it on other food items. We also ordered cherry tomatoes stuffed with cream cheese, dill and garlic. These were great too. Nice flavor and texture. We also had artichoke bottoms stuffed with ground beef that was covered in melted cheese. This was the only item I wasn’t too crazy about, they weren’t bad, just a bit bland.  Sautéed mushrooms were brought to the table even though we did not order them, so they were on the house. Megs was happy about this, being a fan, I did not partake since I’m not. She said they were piping hot, tender, and really good. We had crab croquettes as well. These were amazing. Squeezed a little lemon on them, they were full of crab, with a delish crunchy coating. Lastly, we had the lava cake. Exactly what you would expect of a lava cake, which is a compliment. Bask has a very cute fun atmosphere and friendly staff. I had been there a couple of times for lunch and thought it was just alright, but I will for sure be spending some Tuesdays there in the future. Plus they brought two complimentary sweet shots with the check. 

http://www.basksf.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment