Friday, November 9, 2012

The Stinking Rose












Got Garlic? Well if you go to the Stinking Rose you will. Any place whose slogan is, “We season our garlic with food” is good to me. I had actually already been to stop #14 several times and always look forward to going back. As much as I LOVE this place a couple of warnings: 1. It is very touristy, my suggestion go during the non-peak hours. 2. You WILL smell like garlic the rest of the day & possibly part of the next day. 3. You WILL taste garlic for the rest of the day and if you don’t own an electric toothbrush or down a bottle of mouthwash possibly the next day as well. Still these warnings do not deter me from diving right into the most garlic-y dishes on the menu. So I was happy when to start my boss, Josh ordered the garlic soaking in a hut tub: garlic cloves, oven roasted in olive oil & butter, with a hint of anchovy. This is served with their house made focaccia bread, yum. The roasted garlic on the bread is quite tasty. And as if the skillet of garlic we ordered wasn’t enough there is a garlic spread brought to the table which I of course decided to put on top of the roasted garlic, this gave it more of a kick and really enhanced the flavor. We also shared the shrimp & crab sizzling iron skillet. I’ve had the shrimp on prior occasions and it’s my fave. Getting the crab legs was something new. As much as I like crab and this was good, it was so messy. I guess I should of known when they brought plastic bibs with the utensils. It was a ton of work cracking it when it was covered in garlic and oil, I will stick with just the shrimp from now on. Lastly we had the baked brie, which was amazing. I wasn’t crazy about the texture of the bread it was served with though. Josh said it was exactly what you look for in a baked brie, chalked full of brie goodness. Festive atmosphere- great music, garlic cloves strung across the ceiling, and entertaining art on the walls. A fun and always satisfying meal, just be sure to have breath mints & body spray readily available afterward. 

http://thestinkingrose.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment