Friday, April 12, 2013

Da Flora


Stop #39, Da Flora is quite unique. The atmosphere is quaint & friendly. Several people that walked through the door were greeted with a hug from the owner. They prefer cash & ask that you don’t use your cell phones (I’m a fan of the no cell phone usage during dinner btw). The menu changes daily, but the one thing that is always available is the homemade focaccia bread. This was hands down the BEST focaccia I’ve ever had. I would go back just for the bread alone. It was crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, had a hint of salt, and was lightly coated in olive oil. We ate two full plates of it between the two of us, and for once in my life I didn’t feel guilty about the carbs because they were worth every bite. We had the stuffed artichoke for a starter. I expected it to be served warm, instead of cold, but it was still really good. The crunch of the breadcrumbs and the tender artichoke heart was a great contrast. FZ had the halibut served over asparagus. He thought it was a little bland and like most of the meals he orders he wasn’t satisfied with the portion size. I had the risi bisi: risotto with fresh peas. I’m not typically a fan of peas, but I love risotto so I gave it a chance. It was delish. Great flavors & texture. Not too rich, and very filling. Overall I really enjoyed the meal and the ambiance. The prices were on the higher side, but again fairly average for NB. Go try the focaccia!!   












4 Ciabatta loaves



No comments:

Post a Comment