Thursday, August 9, 2012

Yokohama




Sushi restaurants in NB? There are three. Great sushi in NB? There are zero. Decent sushi in NB? There are two. Bad sushi in NB? There is one. Stop #7 brought me to me first bad review: Yokohama. My lunch companions were two out of towners, actually, out of the country-ers. Niamh from Ireland & Nate from Australia. Both lived in Tokoyo for several months. Now, I know what you are thinking, Why would you bring two peeps visiting SF with amazing sushi experience to a sushi place in Little Italy? Well, cause it was next on the tour, and I follow the rules! Upon entering the restaurant we were not greeted warmly, in fact we were barely greeted at all. After much deliberation we decided on the monkey ball (spicy tuna, shichimi, goma & sesame oil), the Broadway roll (halibut & cream cheese), and the tempura roll. Oh, and Nate got the chicken katsu one of his faves. The tempura was spelled tempera on the menu, which is defined as a permanent fast-drying painting medium. This might be the reason it did not taste very good. The texture was extremely different than i'm used to. The food didn't taste fresh, or unique, and wasn't anything I would want to order again. When we were leaving Nate noticed Polaroid pictures on the wall of past customers with quotes written on them about how great the food was. Notice I said Polaroids which should date these rave reviews, but just in case you need an actual date- they were from 2001- maybe the food was as well. Still in search of delish sushi in NB, but at least I have amazing Italian food to hold me over until I do. Sorry N&N for subjecting you to this, but at least you got a free meal. :) 

*This restaurant is not worthy of any Ciabatta bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment