Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Brioche Bakery & Cafe

Living in NB i'm surrounded by tons of pasta options, don't get me wrong this is not a complaint, but one thing i've struggled to find is a good salad option. This is why I was really looking forward to checking out stop #5 Brioche Bakery & Cafe. In addition to the five salads they offer on their daily menu they also offer a salad du jour. I'm very familiar with a soup du jour (which they have as well) but a salad du jour? Yes, please. Today was a Greek Salad. I ordered a small one to accompany the Grilled Caprese Panini I wanted. I was informed that they were out of panini bread. I have to say this really took me by surprise- there are six panini sammys on the menu, how is it possible to be out of the bread used for them at 1pm on a Tuesday? They did offer to make the panini on another type of bread, but I wanted it to be authentic. However, my salad did not disappoint, it had all the typical ingredients of a Greek: romaine lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, Kalamata olives & feta cheese. It was really good. Still want to go back one day and get my panini & possibly one of their daily salads.

http://www.briochecafe.com

3 out of 5 Ciabatta loaves (simply due to the panini let down)


No comments:

Post a Comment