Monday, June 11, 2012

Macellato

I walked into stop number 2, Macellato,  to find a very happy young guy behind the counter. Immediately he greeted me with a high five and a "what's up cousin?" I was surprised but returned the fiver and muttered something about not much being up.
Here's how the rest of the conversation unfolded:
High-fiver (HF): "What can I get you?"
Me: "I will take the pulled pork sammy."
HF: "Great, it's on me."
Me: "Ummm..." I was thinking, wow! My blog is really starting to get noticed.
HF: "The owner told me you were coming in."
Me: "I don't know the owner."
HF: "You aren't his cousin?"
Me: "Nope. Oh so, that's why you called me cousin?!"
HF: Laughing, "So you just thought I called a random customer cousin?"
Me: Laughing, "Yep. I thought it was a little odd, but very friendly."
HF: "Well the owner said to look out for his pretty blonde cousin that would be coming in, so..."
Me: Smiling and noting the blog brownie points in my head for the compliment, I replied, "Now that we got that all straightened out, what do I owe you for the sammy?"
HF: Slightly flustered, he said, "Eight bucks."





I grabbed a table outside, another beautiful day in SF. Macellato is extremely small, more of a take out place, but they do have a couple of tables inside and outside. The menu is very limited  but all good options. They have ribs & a few "wiches" on their regular menu (see above left) and a couple of daily specials (see above right).

I went with one of the specials the "pulled porkwich" and it was delish. On a soft roll with BBQ sauce and and a very unique slaw. It was very tender and flavorful. I enjoyed every bite and look forward to checking out a second "wich" some time soon. The prices do include tax, but $8 for a sammy is a little high especially since it doesn't come with anything on the side, but fairly average for SF.  They do have sides available for a couple bux more. They also serve wine which is always a plus. So, that's what's up cousin!

www.macellato.com


4 out of 5 Ciabatta loaves





1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog Points Pretty Blonde Cousin! Maybe he needs more cousins! I like "wiches" for sure!

    ReplyDelete