Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Introduction

"Have you ever eaten at the Steps of Rome? What about Rose Pistola? You have to, the pasta is amazing!"

Since I moved to North Beach (NB) in San Francisco these are the typical questions & comments I get from my friends. I’m always left with the same thought, how does one check out all of the restaurants in NB? I have a few faves that I constantly return to, but what am I missing out on? Then I had a thought, what if I do check out EVERY restaurant in NB? Well that would be very ambitious, expensive, and well um not so good for the waistline. So I decided to limit it to the main street in NB: Columbus. How many restaurants could there possibly be on a 1.2 mile stretch? There are 50 to be exact! That is still quite overwhelming but not if I give myself a year to accomplish this mission. Game on!
Please follow me as I consume Columbus Avenue starting at Washington Street and ending my journey at Beach Street. Sometimes I will dine alone, but I’m encouraging my lovely friends to join me along the way. Buon Appetito! 
Cheers,
Ciabatta

No comments:

Post a Comment